The Grammy Museum announced the opening of The Taylor Swift Experience (18 Nov 2016 – 19 Feb 2017) in New York’s Seaport District. Opening on November 18th, 2016, this will mark the first major exhibit opening for The Taylor Swift Experience on the East Coast following its record-setting Los Angeles showing.
Having originally debuted at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles in Dec 2014, the 10-time Grammy winner’s 25th birthday, the exhibit was expected to close in May 2015, but due to overwhelming response, was extended through Oct 2015.
Below video: Last year’s opening of The Taylor Swift Experience at the LA Grammy Museum.
The exhibit will feature:
- Early childhood reading books as well as personal family and childhood photos.
- Tour costumes from Taylor’s The Red Tour and The 1989 World Tour.
- New items from the Grammy-winning album of the year, 1989, which include iconic outfits from the Grammy Award-winning Best Music Video of the Year, ‘Bad Blood’.
- Never-before-seen pre-Met gala Louis Vuitton dress
- Handwritten lyrics for Taylor’s smash hit ’22’
- Taylor’s 2009 Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance for ‘White Horse’.
- The dress Taylor wore in her music video for ‘Mean’ as well as the banjo used during her performance at the 54th Grammy Awards in 2012.
- For the first time on display, a one-of-a-kind custom-built piano used during The 1989 World Tour.
- And more, including additional interactive elements.
[Source: Grammy Museum]